By: Andrew R. Lewis
Photo Credit: Wikimedia Commons
We are planning to find ways to further promote religion and politics scholarship in 2018. This is one of the founding goals of the blog. One simple way to do this is to promote forthcoming books, so that scholars, journalists, editors, and the public and be aware of them. Three or four times per year I will issue a “call” for forthcoming books. Please email me the information. I will then compile it and then create a post of “Books to Watch For” to be published in early February.
What to Send
- Your Name & Affiliation
- Book Title, Publisher, & Anticipated Publication Date
- Brief Summary (2-4 sentences)
- Link to Publisher’s Page (if available)
- Books must be about religion and politics (broadly construed)
- Books must be forthcoming (in press, but not published). I will make an exception for the first post, allowing books that have been published within the past 4 months.
- Books may only appear once. (There will be another post in late Spring / early Summer, so if your book does not come until Fall, you will probably want to wait.)
- We strongly encourage you to blog about the book for us once it is published
We hope this is a great resource to cultivate the great work being done in religion and politics. I look forward to seeing what is being published!
Andrew R. Lewis is an Assistant Professor at the University of Cincinnati. He is the author of The Rights Turn in Conservative Christian Politics: How Abortion Transformed the Culture Wars (Cambridge, 2017). You can follow him on Twitter and see more of his research on his personal website.